Monday, December 10, 2012

12 in '12!

Who doesn't like a Linky?!? Hadar & Kristin are hosting the 2nd annual 12 in '12 Linky Party & I'm joining in the fun! So here goes....

My 12 in '12
12. Favorite movie you watched:
Hmmm...I guess I didn't really have a favorite. I saw several movies, but there's not one that really stands out. In fact, I had to google to see which movies I did see in 2012!

11. Favorite TV series:
Big Bang Theory!  SO funny!
10. Favorite restaurant:
There are lots of great restaurants in my area. Surprisingly, I'd have to say the little Mexican restaurant that opened up in my tiny little town is my favorite.
 
 
9. Favorite new thing you tried:
I can't even think of a new thing I tried. I gotta branch out more!

8. Favorite gift you got:
A new Kindle for Mother's Day. Finished my Master's in July & then got to start reading for fun!!

7. Favorite thing you pinned:
Is this just super adorable or what?! I think it's just precious & would be so fun to make. Maybe next year....my granddaughters are just 2...a little too young. But I love it!
 
 
6. Favorite blog post:
My favorite post is the one about my Calendar Math pack & using my students' agendas during calendar time since it's the one that has had the biggest impact in my classroom. My Calendar Math Pack actually came directly out of our Guided Math book study. I have been so pleased with the difference it has made in m students and in my math instruction. The skills from Calendar Math come so naturally for my kiddos when we come across it in our math curriculum. LOVE it!
 
 
5. Best accomplishment:
Finished my Master's in July!! Whew! Glad to get that done! WooHoo!
 
4. Favorite picture:
Lovin' my little babies!!  They are actually just a month apart: Baby 1 born on May 27 & Baby 2 born on June 27. What a great summer that was! And they are just such joys!
 

 
3. Favorite memory:
I've talked so much about my own graduation, & while that was a good memory...Here's my favorite memory: My son graduated from college in May & was deep into the job search. Of course, he wanted to land a job so that he didn't have to move home, but he really, really wanted to land a job that was near his girlfriend & so that he could move toward beginning a life with her...earn money t live on, purchase the ring, etc. Of course, I prayed often & fervently for him.
On my way home from school one day, I was in the midst of praying when my phone rang...
I remember the joy in his voice when he announced, "I GOT A JOB!!".
 
2. Goal for 2013:
My goal for next year is to slow down & find time to enjoy....to enjoy life, enjoy my family, enjoy my kiddos, enjoy life. 
 
1. One Little Word:
LOVE
 
 
 
Click on over to join in the fun! Share your 12 in '12! Can't wait to read what others' 12 in '12 are!