Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's All About Timing


I came across another linky that Falling Into First is hosting...all about daily schedules. I agree with Falling Into First......I really like looking at other teachers' schedules. Always looking for ways to tweak mine & make it work better for us! I feel like we have a fairly short school day & it's hard to get it all in......I'm always wishing I had another 20-30 minutes! Don't we all?!?
Here's my schedule



8:00-8:15 - Students arrive, get their agendas ready for Agenda Math  and read from their book baskets. 

8:20  -  Agenda Math 


8:25-9:00 - Reading Workshop - during this time, I conference with individual students, and work with a small group for 20 minutes each day.


9:00-9:15 - Word Study/Phonics 

9:15-9:50 - Workstations - we do 2 rotations each day. Kiddos who are not working with me, the ESL teacher, or our Instructional Aide may choose a task for their workstation.

9:50-10:10 - Vocabulary - I've been using Melissa McMurray's (F is for First Grade) Vocabulary Pack with LOTS of success! I love that it also incorporates read alouds. My kiddos love it, & the words stick!

10:10-10:40 - Writing Workshop

10:40-10:50 - Calendar Math

10:50-11:35 - Recess and Lunch

11:40-11:50 - Handwriting and RR Break

11:50-12:00 - Everyday Math - Mental Math & Reflexes

12:00-12:30 - Science/Social Studies/Health - This depends on what we're working on. We just finished learning about health, wellness, and germs and are currently learning all about MLK.

12:30-1:40 - Math Workshop. We use Everyday Math. I generally do a min-lesson, & then we move through stations: either working with me, independent work at their seats, or workstation choices. 

1:40-2:25 - Specials

2:35 Dismissal

As I said.....I am constantly looking for ways to squeeze more time out of my day. I am really excited to be able to take a look at other teachers' daily schedules and can't wait to check out all the link ups! Click on over and check them out! 

Don't forget to click for your chance to win a TABLET!! One entry per day!!