Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's a Juggling Act! Linky Party!

Katie over at Little Warriors is hosting a Linky....all about juggling what life throws at you. In consideration of my recent post about my mom, I thought this is certainly a topic that is apropos for me right now! While I am certainly not by any means an expert on how to keep all the balls up in the air...I can offer you some the ideas that are keeping me sane at the moment.

We're all trying to keep it all up in the air: job, family, blogging, and don't forget taking care of OURSELVES! As teachers, I think it's true that we are often the type of people who care for others first and ourselves last. It's SO important though...and SO easy to forget!

So-- here are the balls that I try to keep up in the air:
Family - I have 4 children...3 grown & married (or soon to be!), & a senior in high school. I have 2 adorable and funny granddaughters who are 2 years old. I have a busy, busy household! I also am helping care for my mom.
School - Oh. My. Goodness. I can't tell you how much I LOVE my job! 

As I was trying to juggle everything, I kind of dropped a ball...I forgot to take care of myself. When you forget to take care of YOU, everything seems to feel like it's all starting to fall apart. Whether it is or it isn't.


SO-- here's what is keeping me sane at the moment.
I created a chart that indicates who is 'on call' with my mom (it's blurred just to protect privacy). When I realized that I had dropped the ball on myself...I thought why not add that into the chart? So, I've added in time that I can blog (LOVE it!), take in a movie, or just hang out!

I'm sure that that probably seems a tad anal, but it really has given me a sense of freedom. Now, my work time, or my 'on-call' time doesn't seem as overwhelming as it did!

So-- I guess my tip is to make sure you carve out that time for yourself. Write it down. Put it on your calendar. Plan for it. 


Stop by Little Warriors & find out how others juggle it all. I've already read some great tips and looking forward to learning some more!!