Monday, February 4, 2013

Pinspired Plans for This Week ~ Linky!

It's Monday, and I'm linking up with Learning in Wonderland's Pinspired linky. Up this week for me is Contractions. Fun to teach. . . . fun to learn, right? So, here are some of the Pinspired activities we'll be doing this week:

Source: The Purple Parade
How cute is this paint chip activity? I like that it shows both words and then you fold it to to see the contraction. I've been stocking up on paint chips for this. (which makes me feel a little guilty. . . .anyone else?). Apparently, the original source for this was Mailbox, but that page is no longer available.

I also found this cute anchor chart which uses the paint chips. What a great, interactive way to create a chart! I'll have my kiddos work on their paint chips first, then we'll work together to create the chart, adding the paint chips.


Source: Queen of the First Grade Jungle

And who doesn't love Contraction Surgery? So fun! The original source for this pic was Katie King over at Queen of the First Grade Jungle, who used First Grade Fevers Contraction Surgery Pack.

I just purchased the pack Sunday evening (Super Bowl Sale, of course!). So, I need to get busy printing, laminating, cutting, and copying on this one! This really is an awesome pack! Katie did not lie!



And check this out . . . . .contractions AND Valentine's Day?!? Awesome!  I found the hearts at Primarily Speaking, and the caterpillar at Stepping into 2nd Grade. Picture the caterpillar in pink and lavendar. . . . will that be 'love bug' enough?  This is going to be SO fun!














Make sure to hop over to Learning in Wonderland and check out all the other Pinspired activities that will be going on in classrooms this week!